Subject: Ed: Country consultation on drinking-water, sanitation and hygiene in households and safely treated wastewater for 2025 SDG 6 progress reporting
From: "Leena Albreht" <[email-masked]>
To: "TA Info" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2024 16:42:27 +0200

Palun registreerida

Saatja: EURO WATSAN <[email-masked]>
Saatmisaeg: neljapäev, 12. detsember 2024 13:17
Adressaat: Helen Sõber <[email-masked]>
Koopia: [email-masked]; Aive Telling
<[email-masked]>; Greta Tischler <[email-masked]>;
[email-masked]; Leena Albreht <[email-masked]>;
[email-masked]; Greta Tischler <[email-masked]>;
[email-masked]
Teema: [SUSPICIOUS URL INSIDE]Country consultation on drinking-water,
sanitation and hygiene in households and safely treated wastewater for
2025 SDG 6 progress reporting

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

To:

WHO national counterparts

Cc:

Focal points to the UNECE-WHO/Europe Protocol on Water and Health

Members of the Environment and Health Task Force

Focal points for SDG6 in national statistics offices

WHO representatives and heads of country offices

Dear WHO national counterparts,

Dear colleagues,

The WHO and UNICEF Joint Monitoring Programme for Water Supply, Sanitation
and Hygiene (JMP) is mandated to monitor global progress towards SDG
targets 6.1 and 6.2 on water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH). In addition,
data collected by the JMP on safely managed sanitation services also
directly contributes to the monitoring of SDG indicator 6.3 on wastewater
treatment.

We hereby launch consultations on the updated 2025 JMP estimates for WASH
in households (SDG 6.1.1 and 6.2.1) and for safely treated wastewater (SDG
6.3.1) for countries in the WHO European Region. The purpose of the
consultation is to review the completeness of the datasets in the country
files attached to this email, and to verify the interpretation of the
national data in the resulting estimates. We kindly ask that you do not
work directly in the MS Excel spreadsheets, but rather provide the data to
be considered, including its source, in a separate document to the JMP
team.

The consultation focuses on three main questions:

1.	Are there any relevant national data sources on drinking-water,
sanitation and hygiene missing from the country file that would allow a
better estimate?
2.	Are the data sources listed in the country file considered
reliable and suitable for use as official national statistics?
3.	Is the JMP interpretation and classification of the data extracted
from the national sources accurate and appropriate?

Please see the guidance notes on
<https://secure-web.cisco.com/1xehCYENJDCIkXxmYJLl8VCXTNouvfQCRTUgfRluLqee
jpnaKikLXr0ORhRFLxdYk8fPNtfp0-qWXyYReR4VdgyB-KGvvOCwWY03UXXao2VkrcCW0Q_XLb
5iviaezvngxYaoH9DeAn7QEK05sp-owStHi1zJJFAr3epSlQvTgThZ4_Z2ytqVM6M61O4mb5Pu
66-JYMfkVXF_cOHFCV2uZE7vnUE6xNafczSi_z5HfD-NKu0ZnnP4RdI2vAY4Xo1NeI5ztZVIgG
dRCcAMMYSqf-8uGkXp3WOgCzXnhT_H0KkbnHOsZhEmJqVKE3Or1iDxX/https%3A%2F%2Fwash
data.org%2Freports%2Fjmp-2024-country-consultation-wash-households> WASH
in households (available in multiple languages) and
<https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/4q9u9m534svb6eh00ad3u/ALtW7p66Z43ktL-qDH6I
eq4?rlkey=c938icn9q8cixbjy6wllz2f95&e=1&dl=0> safely treated wastewater,
which explain the established procedures for JMP country consultations.
They are also attached to this email for your convenience. We kindly ask
you to submit your country feedback by email to Dr Rick Johnston (
<mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]) and Dr Dennis Schmiege (
<mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]) by 14 February 2025.

Following the country consultation, WHO will finalize the database and
publish updated national, regional and global estimates in mid-2025.

If you have any questions about this consultation process, please do not
hesitate to contact Dr Schmiege ( <mailto:[email-masked]>
[email-masked]).

Thank you very much in advance for your support in ensuring that the
national, regional and global estimates for the SDG indicators are as
robust as possible.

Best regards,

Dr Robb Butler

Director

Division of Communicable Diseases, Environment and Health

Sent by Water and Climate Programme

European Centre for Environment and Health

WHO Regional Office for Europe

Bonn, Germany

+49 228 815 0404

Visit us:
<http://www.euro.who.int/en/health-topics/environment-and-health/water-and
-sanitation> Water and Sanitation |
<http://www.euro.who.int/en/health-topics/environment-and-health/climate-c
hange> Climate Change

Follow WHO on  <https://m.facebook.com/WHOEurope/> Facebook |
<https://twitter.com/WHO> Twitter |
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9g4wFmW4FY&list=PLL4_zLP7J_mhqUVlZ1ynz27
UIosn0jB0_> YouTube  <https://www.instagram.com/whoeurope/> | Instagram